Main Article Content
Herbal antiseptics with phytoncidal action, for example, plant essential oils, can be used indoors in the presence of people. The antifungal activity of essential oils of medicinal plants (anis, basil, clary cage, clove, coriander, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lemon, orchid, rose, rosemary, tea tree, wormwood, ylang ylang) was evaluated by the degree of growth inhibition of mold colonies Alternaria alternata , Aspergillus oryzae, Aspergillus flavus, and Cladosporium cladosporioides. Colonies incubated in Petri dishes with a drop of essential oil on the lid under control petrolatum. All essential oils in the experiment had phytoncidal properties. The oils were divided into groups: 1 with fungicidal action (coriander, jasmine, orchid, rose); 2 with high fungistatic activity to all strains (lavender, basil, tea tree oil); 3 with fungistatic properties against individual strains (C. cladosporioides rosemary and anise, A. alternata and A. flavus lemon, A. oryzae wormwood); 4 with a stimulating effect of the growth of colonies A. oryzae lemon oil.
2. Chamorro E. R. Study of the chemical composition of essential oils by gas chromatography / Chamorro E. R. et al. // Nat. Tech University, Argentina. – 2012. – № 15. С. 307-324.
3. Jakowienko P. Antifungal activity of essential oils from two varieties of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) / Jakowienko P. et al. // Vegetable crops research bull. Research inst. of vegetable crops. Skierniewice. – 2011. – № 74. – С. 97-106.
4. Kurkina Yu.N. Screening of Broad Bean Samples with Anthocyanin in Seed Coat in the South of the Central Black Earth Region (Russia) / Kurkina Yu.N. et al. // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. – 2018. – 5 (7). – Р. 6430-6433.
5. Clevenger J. Apparatus for the determination of volatile oil / Clevenger J. // Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association. – 1928. – 17(4). – 345-349.
6. Amini M. Antifungal activity of three medicinal plant essential oils against some phytopathogenic fungi / Amini M. // Trakia Journal of Sciences. – 2012. –10(1). – 1-8.
7. Frisvad J. C. Chemical Fungal Taxonomy / Frisvad J. C. et al. // New York: Marcel Dekker. – 1988. – Р. 398.
8. Bobreshova I.Yu. Biopreparaty na osnove rastitel'nyh biologicheski aktivnyh veshchestv [Biological products based on plant biologically active substances] / Bobreshova I.Yu., Zimina T.V. // Plant Protection and Quarantine. – 2016. – 8. – P. 30-32. [in Russian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.